A provisional visa for business people with a track record of operating a successful business who want to establish, manage, or grow an innovative business in Victoria.
Stay: Up to 5 years
Stay longer: 3 years after you have this visa, you can apply for permanent residence.
Cost: No fee
Nomination processing time: 20 business days
Read the Supporting information page for more information.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for visa nomination under the Victorian Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) you must:
- be under 55 years of age,
- have achieved at least 65 points on the Australian Government’s points test for your Expression of Interest (EOI) in the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect,
- demonstrate innovation capability,
- have at least 3 years of business experience,
- demonstrate your proposed business is within your area of expertise,
- be committed to establishing, operating and growing a Victorian business,
- be committed to meet the requirements for permanent residence, and
- meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements including minimum financial requirements.
How to apply?
To apply for visa nomination under the Victorian Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) you must:
- Make an Expression of Interest in the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect.
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Review the Supporting Information.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal.
- Respond to any requests for further information within 2 weeks.
After you apply
- The Skilled and Business Migration Program will assess your application.
- We will email you if we require more information to support your application. You must respond within 2 weeks.
- We aim to finalise all applications within 20 business days. See the Program Review page for current assessment times.
Once you are nominated
- You and your agent will be notified of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days.
- We cannot provide renomination if your visa application is not submitted.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you important services.
- We have a dedicated Relationship Management team who may contact you to assist you to navigate the Victorian business environment.
- Comply with your Victorian nomination obligations for subclass 188A.
What you’ll need
You may be required to provide supporting documents in your application to show that you have relevant business experience in a field highly related to your proposed Victorian business.