A provisional visa for those with business skills who want to establish, develop, and manage a new or existing innovative business in Victoria.
Stay: Up to 5 years
Stay longer: 3 years after you have this visa, you can apply for permanent residence.
Cost: No fee
Nomination processing time: 20 business days
Read the Supporting information page for more information.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Victorian Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) visa nomination, you must:
- be under 55 years of age,
- have vocational English,
- have a STEMM qualification or an MBA or relevant business history in a target sector,
- have an innovative business proposal,
- have scored at least 65 points,
- be committed to meet the requirements for permanent residence, and
- meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements including minimum financial requirements.
How to apply?
To apply for Victorian Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) visa nomination you must:
- Make an Expression of Interest with SkillSelect.
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Review the Supporting Information.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal
- Respond to any requests for further information within 14 days.
After you apply
- The Skilled and Business Migration Program will assess your application.
- We will email you if we require more information to support your application. You must respond within 2 weeks.
- We aim to finalise all applications within 20 business days. See the Program Review page for current assessment times.
Once you are nominated
- You and your agent will be notified of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days.
- We cannot provide renomination if your visa application is not submitted.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you important services.
- We have a dedicated Relationship Management team who may contact you to assist you to navigate the Victorian business environment.
- Comply with your Victorian nomination obligations for subclass 188A.