Skip to content
New skilled visa nomination changes came into effect on Monday 10 September 2018.  See our News section for more information.

If you’re looking for jobs in Melbourne, you could get visa nomination to help make your migration easier.

A quick, easy guide on how to apply for skilled visa nomination through the Victorian Government.

Victoria provides visa nomination to highly skilled and employable applicants for the following skilled visas:

However, not every occupation in Victoria is eligible for Victorian visa nomination. Our comprehensive Visa Nomination Occupation Lists specify which Victorian occupations are eligible for visa nomination.

If you are an experienced professional
If you are a graduate
View the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria.
View the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Graduates.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
Permanent residence.
To apply for Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190), you must have:
  • a nominated occupation that is on a Visa Nomination Occupation Lists
  • obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
  • not yet turned age 45
  • achieved the required points test score
  • meet the English language requirement as specified on the Visa Nomination Occupation Lists
  • meet all other visa nomination eligibility requirements.
Visa holders must live in Victoria for at least two years.
How to apply

You need to:

More information
Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
Provisional temporary residence (4 year visa).
To apply for Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489), you must have:
Visa holders must live for at least two years, and work for at least one year in a specified regional area in Victoria to be eligible for permanent residency.
How to apply

You need to:

You may qualify to apply for permanent residency after the provisional period of this visa.

More information

Other visa pathways

There are other skilled visas for professionals and graduates looking to migrate to Melbourne:

See the Visa Finder on the Department of Home Affairs website for help in finding additional skilled visa types.

This page isn't available in English