How to apply for Victorian visa nomination: ICT occupations
Due to the high number of ICT applications that Victoria receives, we have changed our application process for ICT occupations. The aim of this is to reduce processing times and hopefully improve your experience with our program. To apply for Victorian nomination (in ICT occupations), follow these steps:
1. Check you meet the Department of Home Affairs Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) requirements and Victoria’s minimum nomination requirements.
2. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) in the Department of Home Affairs' SkillSelect, and indicate your interest for Victorian nomination. You do not need to notify Victoria that you have submitted an EOI. Note that if you already have an EOI in the SkillSelect system (submitted before 1 July 2017), it will be considered for Victorian nomination. You will not need to resubmit it.
3. Regularly check your email (including your junk mail folder) to see if you have been selected by Victoria. There is no set timeframe to expect an invitation after submitting an EOI. Invitations are not guaranteed. If selected, an email invitation to apply for Victorian visa nomination will be sent to your email address used for the EOI.
4. Submit an online application for Victorian visa nomination within 14 days of receiving the invitation. Note that you must be able to demonstrate that you still meet the claims that were in your EOI when you were invited. We recommend that you have all your supporting documents ready before you submit your EOI in SkillSelect, as the 14 days cannot be extended.
5. If you are successfully nominated by the Victorian Government, you will receive a SkillSelect invitation to apply for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190).
6. Submit a visa application to DIBP within 60 days of being nominated by Victoria.
The Victorian Government will review and select the top ranking ICT candidates from SkillSelect, who have indicated Victoria as their preferred state. Candidates who are selected to apply are still required to meet Victoria’s minimum eligibility requirements, including demonstrating employability and commitment to Victoria, and are not guaranteed nomination.
If you are not selected by the Victorian Government, you will not receive an email. Your EOI will continue to be considered for as long as it remains in DIBP’s SkillSelect system.
Exemptions from this process
This application process is for ICT occupations only. However, if you are an ICT applicant and currently hold an offer of employment in your nominated occupation in Victoria, or meet the streamlined 457
or PhD pathways
, you are exempt from this process and can lodge a Victorian visa nomination application directly without first being selected by Victoria.