To be selected for Victorian skilled visa nomination, you must first submit a Registration of Interest (ROI).
The information you provide in your SkillSelect EOI and your ROI helps us to select applicants for Victorian visa nomination. A ROI is not an application for Victorian visa nomination.
When assessing your ROI we consider the information provided in your SkillSelect EOI. It is important that your EOI is always accurate and up to date.
Submitted a ROI in 2022-23?
If you submitted a subclass 491 ROI for the 2022-23 program, you must submit a new ROI for the 2023-24 program.
If you submitted a subclass 190 ROI for the 2022-23 program, you do not need to submit a new ROI for the 2023-24 program. You should ensure that all information in your ROI is still correct.
ROIs will be selected from September 2023. The program will close in early 2024 at a date to be confirmed.
When selecting ROIs, we consider the following factors according to the information you have provided in your EOI and ROI:
- English language level,
- years of experience in your nominated occupation,
- education and occupation skill level,
- partner’s skill (if applicable),
- salary – onshore candidates only.
Certain occupations in the following industry sectors will also be prioritised:
- Social services
- Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Early childhood, primary, secondary, and special education teachers
- Advanced manufacturing
- Renewable energy
- Hospitality and tourism – for the 491 visa
Annual earnings estimation
During the completion of your ROI, you may be asked to provide an estimate of your annual earnings.
Your earnings are one of many factors used to select ROIs for invitation. There is no minimum earnings required to be eligible for Victorian visa nomination. Please see Annual earnings estimation guide for information on how to calculate this figure.
Updating and withdrawing your existing ROI
You cannot update a ROI once it has been submitted.
What if the information in my SkillSelect EOI has changed?
There is no need to withdraw and submit a new ROI, unless the information entered in the ROI has changed.
What if the information provided in my ROI has changed?
Please withdraw your existing ROI and submit a new one if the information has changed, e.g. partner points, earnings.
What if I have a new SkillSelect EOI number?
Please withdraw your existing ROI and submit a new one.
You can only have 1 active ROI submitted at any time.
You cannot submit a separate ROI for each subclass. If you wish to change the subclass, or anything else on your ROI, you must withdraw the existing ROI and submit a new ROI.
How do I submit a Registration of Interest for Victorian visa nomination?
- Make or update an Expression of Interest (EOI) on the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect system. You must create a new Expression of Interest if your existing one is expiring within the next 12 months.
- Make sure you meet the requirements for the visa you are seeking nomination for:
- Submit a Registration of Interest for Victorian visa nomination
To submit a Registration of Interest, you must create an account on the Live in Melbourne portal if you do not already have one.