To be selected for Victorian skilled visa nomination, you must first submit a Registration of Interest (ROI). The information you provide in your ROI helps us to decide whether you will be selected to apply for Victorian visa nomination.
A ROI is not an application for Victorian visa nomination.
If you submitted a ROI during the 2020-21 program, you must submit a new ROI to be considered for selection to apply for the 2021-22 program.
There are no submission windows for the 2021-22 program. You may submit a ROI at any time between 7 July 2021 and 29 April 2022.
We select highly talented applicants who are currently living and working in Victoria, using their STEMM skills in a target sector. If you do not meet these requirements, you will not be considered for selection and should not submit a ROI.
To select applicants, we:
- Remove all ineligible ROIs from selection pool.
- Read all eligible ROIs. ROIs demonstrating exceptional talent are selected.
- Rank all remaining eligible ROIs within each target sector by EOI points score and select accordingly.
A ROI with a higher score may not be selected in the following circumstances:
- The ROI with a lower score demonstrated exceptional talent and contribution to their sector, or
- the ROI with a higher score may have been determined to not be working in a target sector.
Updating and withdrawing your existing ROI
You cannot update a ROI once it has been submitted.
If your circumstances have changed or you provided incorrect information in your ROI, you must withdraw your existing ROI using the Live in Melbourne portal and submit a new ROI.
You can only have 1 active ROI submitted at any time.
You cannot submit a separate ROI for each subclass. If you wish to change the subclass, or anything else on your ROI, you must withdraw the existing ROI and submit a new ROI.
How do I submit a Registration of Interest for Victorian Visa Nomination?
- Make or update an Expression of Interest on the Department of Home Affairs’ SkillSelect system. You must create a new Expression of Interest if your existing one is expiring within the next 12 months.
- Make sure you meet the requirements for the visa you are seeking nomination for:
- Submit a Registration of Interest for Victorian Visa Nomination
To submit a Registration of Interest, you must create an account on the Live in Melbourne portal if you do not already have one.
What information am I required to provide when submitting a Registration of Interest for Victorian Visa Nomination?
- your SkillSelect Expression of Interest ID
- the skilled visa you are seeking Victorian nomination for (subclass 190 or 491)
- your occupation, including ANZSCO code
- your employer's ABN and contact details
- the purpose of your employer's business or service
- a summary of the main duties you perform on a daily basis
- the target sector that you are using your STEMM skills in
- the contribution you make to your sector
- In your response make sure to include information about any STEMM qualifications or specialised skillsets you hold.