Skip to content

There are different types of overseas qualifications assessments – and different organisations that manage each type of assessment - depending on why you need an assessment.

It is important that you select the right assessment type – listed below – to suit your purposes.

  • Migrating to Australia – refer to the skills assessment and assessing authorities information on the Department of Home Affairs website
  • Temporary work in Australia – visit the holiday or vacation visas information on the Department of Home Affairs website
  • Employment in a regulated profession in Australia – for professionals and tradespeople who need registration, membership or licensing go to our Occupation pages. Further skills assessment and assessing authorities’ information can also be found on the Department of Home Affairs website
  • Incomplete overseas qualification – contact a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to apply for a qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). If the equivalent qualification remains incomplete, the RTO can issue a statement of attainment and can advise on further training
  • Working in Victoria with a recognised Overseas Qualification – our Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) assesses qualifications to help you secure work in Victoria.  Check if you are eligible for a free assessment
  • Recognition of a secondary (high) school qualification – apply directly through the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) website
  • Further study in Victoria/Australia – apply directly to the university or education provider for an assessment. See universities in Victoria.
Below is an example of our OQU Assessment Advice – it is an official document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in Australia, based on the Australian Government’s Department of Education and Training assessment guidelines.

Assessment Advice Sample

Contact us

Phone: 1300 492 606