There are different types of overseas qualifications assessments – and different organisations that manage each type of assessment - depending on why you need an assessment.
It is important that you select the right assessment type – listed below – to suit your purposes.
- Migrating to Australia – refer to the skills assessment and assessing authorities information on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Temporary work in Australia – visit the holiday or vacation visas information on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Employment in a regulated profession in Australia – Skills assessment and assessing authorities’ information can be found on the Department of Home Affairs website
- Incomplete overseas qualification – contact a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) to apply for a qualification under the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF). If the equivalent qualification remains incomplete, the RTO can issue a statement of attainment and can advise on further training
- Working in Victoria with a recognised Overseas Qualification – our Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) assesses qualifications to help you secure work in Victoria. Check if you are eligible for a free assessment
- Recognition of a secondary (high) school qualification – apply directly through the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA) website
- Further study in Victoria/Australia – apply directly to the university or education provider for an assessment. See universities in Victoria.
Below is an example of our OQU Assessment Advice – it is an official document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in Australia, based on the Australian Government’s Department of Education, Skills and Employment assessment guidelines.