Our Overseas Qualifications Unit (OQU) assesses qualifications to help you secure work in Victoria.
To be eligible for assessment you must:
- be living in Victoria
- have work rights in Australia.
The Overseas Qualifications Unit does not assess:
- Australian degrees or qualifications
- overseas short courses (less than one-year full-time study), single-subject certificates or diplomas
- overseas licenses, permits or work experience documents
- overseas apprenticeships or trade qualifications.
If you are not eligible for Overseas Qualification Unit services and want to apply for an assessment of your educational level, please contact the Australian Government's Department of Education, Skills and Employment for educational assessments of higher education, post-secondary or technical and vocational qualifications. These assessments establish the Australian-equivalent educational level for overseas qualifications within the Australian Qualifications Framework.
Please note: The Australian Government’s Department of Education, Skills and Employment charges an application fee for their service.