The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent visa for skilled migrants. You must receive nomination from Victoria before you can apply for the visa.
Before you read on, check that this is the right visa for you: Department of Home Affairs - Subclass 190 Skilled nominated visa.
If you are in Australia, you must be living in Victoria at the time of your nomination.
See supporting information for more information on the subclass 190 visa.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Victorian Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) visa nomination, you must:
- be committed to living in Victoria,
- have had your Registration of Interest (ROI) selected,
- be under 45 years of age,
- have at least Competent English,
- have a valid Skills Assessment in an occupation on the eligible skilled occupation list for this visa,
- have achieved at least 65 points on the Australian Government’s points test for your Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect.
How to apply?
The visa process consists of four steps:
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs using SkillSelect.
- Using the EOI number received from SkillSelect, you will submit a Registration of Interest (ROI) for Victorian nomination in the Live in Melbourne portal.
- If you are invited, you will submit a nomination application in the Live in Melbourne portal.
- If your nomination application is successful, you will submit a visa application for your selected visa with the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs.
What you'll need
In your application, you may need to provide the following documents to show you meet the requirements:
- English language test,
- Skills Assessment.
If you indicated in your Registration of Interest (ROI) that you are currently working in Victoria, you will also need to provide:
- employment contract,
- payslips (most recent four weeks),
- superannuation statement,
- position description.
Once you are nominated
- We will notify you of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days. We cannot nominate you again in 2023-24 if your visa application is not submitted in this time.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you information on important services.
- Complete regular surveys we will send you about your experience with us and your settlement in Victoria.
- Commit to living and working in Victoria for at least two years.
Not selected in 2022-23?
Applicants with an active Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) Registration of Interest who were not selected in the 2022-23 program, will remain eligible for consideration for selection in the 2023-24 program.
Unless the information you provided in the 2022-23 ROI has changed, there is no need to withdraw this ROI. If your circumstances have changed, such as your annual earnings or partner points, or you provided incorrect information in your ROI, you must withdraw your existing ROI using the Live in Melbourne portal and submit a new ROI.
You must meet all visa and Victorian nomination eligibility requirements and your SkillSelect Expression of Interest (EOI) must be accurate and up to date at all times.
How do I know if my ROI is active?
You can check if your ROI is active via the Live in Melbourne portal.
Login to your account > Applications > Click into the relevant NFR number > If active, the status will show ‘Received’.