A permanent visa that lets you continue to own and manage a business in Victoria.
Cost: No fee
Nomination processing time: 20 business days
Read the Supporting information page for more information on the subclass 888A visa.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Victorian Business Innovation stream (subclass 888A) visa nomination, you must:
- hold a Victorian nominated provisional visa, either a:
- Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) visa,
- Business Innovation Extension Stream (subclass 188X) visa, or
- a Special Category (subclass 444) visa, or
- in certain cases, a Temporary Work (Skilled) (subclass 457) visa.
- have met the Victorian nomination conditions for Business Innovation stream (subclass 188A) visa including:
- live in Victoria
- manage and operate your innovative business in Victoria
- meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements including minimum financial requirements.
How to apply?
To apply for Victorian Business Innovation stream (subclass 888A) visa nomination you must
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Review the Supporting Information.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal
- Respond to any requests for further information within 14 days.
After you apply
- The Skilled and Business Migration Program will assess your application.
- We will email you if we require more information to support your application. You must respond within two (2) weeks.
- We aim to finalise all applications within 20 business days. See the Program Review page for current assessment times.
Once you are nominated
- You or your agent will be notified of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 90 days.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you important services.
- We have a dedicated Relationship Management team that may contact you to assist you to navigate the Victorian business environment.
- Comply with your Victorian nomination obligations for subclass 888 .
What you’ll need
In your application, you will need to provide the following documents to show you meet the requirements:
- Evidence that you live in Victoria
- 3 photos of the business (external and internal), products or service
- Export activity information (if applicable)
- Evidence for Covid-19 concessions (if applicable)
- Victorian nomination conditions declaration form for subclass 888
- Appointment of agent form (if required)