A permanent visa that lets you continue investment and business activity in Victoria.
The requirements on this page apply to Victorian nominated subclass 188B visa holders from 1 July 2021. If you were nominated before 1 July 2021, please review the nomination conditions form you signed at the time of your nomination.
Cost: No fee
Nomination processing time: 20 business days
Read the Overview page for a summary of the requirements and how to apply.
Have this visa
You must hold a Victorian nominated provisional Investor stream (subclass 188B) visa, and held it for at least 3 years visa.
Investment in Victoria
You must show you have maintained a complying investment of at least A$2.5 million.
Read the Complying investments in Victoria section below for more information.
Live in Victoria
You must prove that you lived in Victoria for at least 2 years before applying for the permanent visa.
See Specific meanings section below for more information on ‘Establishing a Residence in Victoria’.
You met your nomination obligations
You must have:
- met the Victorian nomination conditions for provisional Investor stream (subclass 188B) visa, and
- met the conditions that you signed in the Nomination Conditions Form.
Comply with the Department of Home Affairs requirements
You must comply with the Department of Home Affairs requirements including minimum financial requirements.
Department of Home Affairs
The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for all visa matters. This includes once you have been nominated by the Victorian Government and have submitted your visa application.
Maintain contact and complete surveys
- notify us of any changes to your contact details, and
- participate in any new surveys from the Victorian Government.
Complying investments in Victoria
You must show that you held a complying investment of at least A$2.5 million (held for the duration of the provisional visa). This will comprise of:
- 20 per cent in Venture Capital and Private Growth Equity funds (VCPE) investing in start-up and small private companies (A$500,000)
- 30 per cent in eligible managed funds or Listed Investment Companies (LICs) that invest in emerging companies ($750,000)
- 50 per cent in balancing investments in managed funds or LICs that invest in eligible assets, including Australian listed securities, eligible corporate bonds or notes, annuities and real property (A$1,250,000).
All complying investments must demonstrate contribution to the Victorian economy. See the Specific meanings section below for more information.
Contact us for business support
We have a dedicated Relationship Management team to support and assist business and investor migrants nominated by Victorian Government.
Relationship Managers can help you:
- understand Victoria’s strategic industry sectors
- with information about doing business or making investments
- connect you with relevant Victorian Government services and programs relevant to your business.
Contact a Relationship Manager using this form.
Our processing considerations
Respond within 2 weeks
We may ask you for more information by email.
- You will have 2 weeks to provide the requested information.
- If you do not respond within two weeks, we may refuse your application.
- Please check your junk mail and ensure the email address firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your list of valid email addresses.
You must submit a complete application, including all relevant evidence to support your eligibility claims.
Do not ask for an update on your application
Please do not ask for an update on your application. We assess all applications in order of when they were submitted.
The assessment team is also responsible for responding to enquiries and we prioritise assessment of applications. Unnecessary enquiries slow down application processing times.
Submit your application via the portal
You must submit your application and all documents via the Live in Melbourne portal. We will not accept any applications, or documents via email.
You can withdraw your application at any stage. Please Contact Us to withdraw your application.
Nomination application fees
The Victorian Government does not charge any application fees for nomination.
Terms and Conditions
False or misleading information
If you provide false or misleading information as part of your nomination application, you will be refused. We may also report it to the Department of Home Affairs who can conduct their own investigation.
We conduct verification checks on many of the documents you provide. This includes contacting institutions directly to confirm whether the documents are genuine.
If you are aware of instances, or yourself are pressured to submit an application with false and misleading information, we encourage you to report this to the Department of Home Affairs.
Review of nomination decision
If your nomination application is refused as you did not meet the eligibility requirements, you cannot request a review of your application.
If you believe that we made an administrative error in refusing your nomination application, you can submit a request for us to review the application.
For specific meanings related to all of Victoria’s business and investor visas, see our Glossary page.