A permanent visa that lets you continue investment and business activity in Australia. You must be nominated by a state or territory government.
To find out if you are eligible for this visa, read the Department of Home Affairs' visa criteria for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
Victorian nomination eligibility
Victorian visa nomination is valid for three months. Please take this into consideration when submitting your visa application with the Department of Home Affairs.
Ownership of bonds and primary visa applicant swapping
If you swap primary visa applicant roles with your spouse/de facto partner at permanent subclass 888 visa stage, it is important to ensure that your designated investment bonds were held jointly by both you and your spouse/de facto partner.
Provisional visa nomination conditions
Applicants holding a provisional visa nominated by the Victorian government must demonstrate that they have met the nomination conditions they agreed to at the time of accepting Victorian nomination.
You must show evidence of your designated investment in the Treasury Corporation of Victoria and that this has been held throughout the provisional visa period.
Living in Victoria
You must show evidence that you have established a residence in Victoria during your provisional visa period and that you have a commitment to continue to reside in Victoria.
Additional business or investment activity
You must demonstrate that you have undertaken additional business or investment activity in Victoria during your provisional visa period. Investment activity must be non-passive. This requires an applicant to regularly monitor and actively manage the investment. Some examples include actively managing stocks, real estate and investing in a company.
You need to apply for Victorian visa nomination before you make a formal application for your visa. Applying for visa nomination from the Victorian Government involves two steps:
Step 1: Apply for visa nomination
- Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 888) Investor stream downloadable application form.
A new online application form is in development. This downloadable version is being used as an interim measure.
You will need to prepare the following documentation for your application and upload it when requested:
- Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) Nomination Conditions form
- Appointment of an Agent/Representative form (if applicable)
- evidence of your designated investment - a bond holding statement issued by the Treasury Corporation of Victoria or if the investment has matured, written confirmation from the Treasury Corporation of Victoria
- evidence of your Victorian residence such as a tenancy agreement, property ownership documents or enrolment of your children in Victorian schools
- evidence of additional business or investment activity in Victoria, this could include:
- For stocks, share certificates and evidence of active management
- For business activity, current and historical ASIC extract
- For investment properties, certificate of title and most recent tenancy agreement.
All forms are available from the Supporting documentation and forms page.
Please return the application form with supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Lodge a formal visa application
If you receive Victorian government visa nomination, you can then lodge a visa application with the Department of Home Affairs.
Visa nomination processing
Processing times can vary. You can expect an outcome within four weeks from the time your complete application is lodged for visa nomination.
We will contact you or your agent (if applicable) if we need more information to assess your application.
You or your agent (if applicable) will be notified of the outcome of your visa nomination application by email.
As part of your application, you will be required to agree and adhere to the following obligations:
- I have read (or have had read to me) the contents of my application and confirm that the information contained therein is true and correct.
- I confirm that I meet all of the Department of Home Affairs' visa eligibility criteria for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888).
- I will notify the Victorian Government of any changes to my contact details within the first five years of permanent visa grant and agree to participate in any surveys that the Victorian Government may conduct.
- I have a genuine commitment to continue to engage in business, entrepreneurial or investment activity in Victoria.
- I have a genuine commitment to continue to reside in Victoria.
The Victorian Government:
- may share information relating to the application and the applicant’s business/investment activities in Victoria with the Department of Home Affairs and with the Treasury Corporation of Victoria.
- reserves the right to make direct contact with the applicant in relation to this application or related matters.
- has no legal authority to deal with visa matters and will not advocate to the Department of Home Affairs or the Administrative Appeals Tribunal on behalf of the applicant.
- does not endorse any investment made, or any business activity undertaken, by the applicant nor does it accept liability for any financial loss, cost or expense incurred as a result of any business decision, business activities or investments made by any person in any way connected with this application, or otherwise.
Without express written consent from the Victorian Government, failure to comply with the above conditions may result in the withdrawal of Victorian Government nomination for the applicant’s visa.