A permanent visa that lets you continue investment and business activity in Victoria.
The requirements on this page apply to Victorian nominated subclass 188B visa holders from 1 July 2021. If you were nominated before 1 July 2021, please review the nomination conditions form you signed at the time of your nomination. You may also view the previous nomination requirements page.
Cost: No fee
Nomination processing time: 20 business days
Read the Supporting information page for more information.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Victorian Investor stream (subclass 888B) visa nomination, you must:
- hold a Victorian nominated provisional Investor stream (subclass 188B) visa, and held it for at least 3 years, or
- have met the Victorian nomination conditions for Investor stream (subclass 188B) visa including:
- live in Victoria
- maintained complying investments of at least A$2.5 million in Victoria
- meet the Department of Home Affairs requirements.
How to apply?
To apply for Victorian Innovation stream (subclass 888B) visa nomination you must:
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Review the Supporting Information.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal
- Respond to any requests for further information within 2 weeks.
After you apply
- The Skilled and Business Migration Program will assess your application.
- We will email you if we require more information to support your application. You must respond within two (2) weeks.
- We aim to finalise all applications within 20 business days.
Once you are nominated
- You and your agent will be notified of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 90 days.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you important services.
- We have a dedicated Relationship Management team that may contact you to assist you to navigate the Victorian business environment.
- Comply with your Victorian nomination obligations for subclass 888.
What you’ll need
In your application, you will need to provide the following documents to show you meet the requirements:
- Evidence that you live in Victoria
- Evidence of your complying investments
- Evidence for Covid-19 concessions (if applicable)
- Victorian nomination conditions form for subclass 888
- Appointment of agent form (if required)