The Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) allows skilled migrants to live, study and work in designated regional areas for a period of 5 years. You must receive nomination from Victoria before you can apply for the visa.
Before you read on, check that this is the right visa for you: Department of Home Affairs - Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491).
See supporting information for more information on the subclass 491.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) visa nomination, you must:
How to apply?
To apply for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491) visa nomination, you must:
- Make an Expression of Interest (EOI) with SkillSelect.
- Submit a Registration of Interest (ROI).
- Have your ROI selected and receive an invitation to apply.
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal.
- Respond to any requests for further information within 14 days.
Once you are nominated:
- We will notify you of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days. We cannot nominate you again if your visa application is not submitted in this time.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you information on important services.
- Complete regular surveys we will send you about your experience with us and your settlement in regional Victoria.
- Commit to living and working in regional Victoria for the duration of your visa.
What you'll need
In your application, you will need to provide the following documents to show you meet the requirements:
- English language test
- Skills assessment
- Employment contract
- Position description
- Registration (if required, e.g. AHPRA)
- Victorian declaration form
- Appointment of agent form (if required)