PUBLISHED: 20 MARCH 2023
Fast track nomination is now available for skilled visa candidates with an eligible health, teaching or social services occupation who also meet the minimum visa requirements.
This means that Registrations of Interest (ROI) with a fast track nomination occupation will be selected to apply for visa nomination within two weeks of submission. Providing the nomination application meets all minimum visa requirements, Victorian visa nomination will then be approved within five business days.
Candidates with other occupations will continue to be selected and nominated using the existing process.
What nominations are eligible for fast track nomination?
A full list is available on the Fast track nomination occupations page.
What are the minimum nomination requirements?
- 65 points on your SkillSelect EOI,
- Competent English,
- a valid skills assessment for your occupation,
- be under 45 years of age,
- be committed to living in Victoria.
For candidates with a fast track nomination occupation, there are four steps to Victorian visa nomination.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs using SkillSelect.
- Using the EOI number received from SkillSelect, submit a Registration of Interest (ROI) for Victorian nomination via the Live in Melbourne portal. Once we receive your ROI, we will select your ROI to apply for visa nomination within two weeks.
- After you are selected to apply for Victorian visa nomination, submit an application for either subclass 190 or 491 visa nomination on the Live in Melbourne portal. Your application will be approved if you meet the minimum nomination requirements.
- When your nomination application is confirmed, submit a visa application for your selected visa with the Australian Government’s Department of Home Affairs.
What about existing ROIs with an occupation on the fast track nomination occupation list?
If you have already submitted your Registration of Interest (ROI) with a fast track nomination occupation, and meet the minimum visa requirements, your ROI will be selected within two weeks.
EOIs without existing ROI for Victorian nomination
If you have already obtained your EOI number via SkillSelect, you must then submit a ROI for Victorian State Visa Nomination to be considered for selection. Providing the nomination application meets the minimum visa requirements, we will select your ROI to apply for visa nomination within two weeks of submission.