PUBLISHED: 30 MARCH 2020
This page provides businesses affected by the coronavirus pandemic with information about new government stimulus packages.
The Victorian Government has announced an economic survival package to support Victorian businesses and workers through the devastating impacts of the coronavirus pandemic.
If you’re operating a business in Victoria, you can find updates and support to help your workplace plan and respond to the coronavirus pandemic on the Business Victoria website.
Some key Victorian Government programs include:
Additional resources available:
- Business Victoria HOTLINE: 13 22 15
- Coronavirus (COVID‑19) updates
The Australian Federal Government has also announced measures to help the economy withstand and recover from the economic impact of coronavirus.
Some key Australian Government programs include:
- JobKeeper payments so employers can subsidise their employee’s wages - some fact sheets for employers and employees can be found on The Treasury’s website
- providing cash flow assistance for employers
- increasing the instant asset write-off, making more businesses eligible
- backing business investment by accelerating depreciation
- securing freight access for Australian agricultural and fisheries exporters
- reimbursements of costs incurred by exporters for overseas marketing