Temporary Work visa holders can get their visa nomination applications fast-tracked.
The Victorian Government offers a streamlined pathway to permanent residency for current or recent Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) holders. This pathway offers fast-tracked processing of applications with assessment made within two weeks.
To apply through the streamlined pathway you need to:
- have an occupation on the Visa Nomination Occupation List for Victoria
- have worked for a minimum of one of the last three years in Victoria in your nominated occupation with one or more Victorian businesses
- have an IELTS score of 6.0 in each band (or equivalent)
- meet all other visa nomination eligibility requirements.
If you hold a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457), you can apply online for the streamlined pathway in two ways:
- through the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190), or
- through the Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489).
Documents you need to provide with your online application
An electronic copy of the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) grant letter or email
A certified copy of Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) in your passport.
A confirmation of employment letter
A copy of the contract of employment.
You can apply for visa nomination online.
Contact the Skilled and Business Migration Program for more information.
Victorian employers can use the streamlined pathway
Victorian employers can use this streamlined pathway to transition eligible temporary employees (who have skills that are in shortage in Victoria) to permanent residency.