For people who are sponsored by a state or territory government and have held a designated investment in Australia for four years.
To find out if you are eligible for this visa, read the Department of Home Affairs' visa criteria for the State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893).
Victorian sponsorship eligibility
If you hold a provisional visa sponsored by the State of Victoria, you must demonstrate that you have met the sponsorship eligibility conditions agreed to at the time of accepting provisional sponsorship.
Living in Victoria
The designated investment of at least A$750 000 must have been held in Victoria continuously for at least four years. However, the application for state sponsorship can be accepted up to eight weeks prior to that date.
You must have resided in Victoria for a total of at least two years in the four years immediately before you make your sponsorship application.
You need to apply for Victorian visa sponsorship before you make a formal application for your visa. Applying for visa sponsorship from the Victorian Government involves two steps.
Step 1: Apply for visa sponsorship
You need to register as a user of this website (see register button below) and then complete your application. You will need to prepare the following documentation for your application and upload it when requested:
- Appointment of an Agent/Representative form (if applicable)
- Sponsorship Conditions form for State Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
- Part B form
- evidence of residency in Victoria – this can be in the form of a utility bill (e.g. gas, electricity or water) or a council rate notice within the last three months
- evidence of holding Victorian Government Bonds over four years.
All forms are available from the Supporting documentation and forms page.
Step 2: Lodge a formal visa application
If you receive visa sponsorship from the Victorian Government, you can then proceed to lodge a formal visa application with the Department of Home Affairs.
Victorian sponsorship processing times
Processing times can vary. You can expect an outcome within four weeks from the time your complete application for visa sponsorship is lodged.
We will contact you or your agent (if applicable) if we need more information to assess your application.
You or your agent (if applicable) will be notified of the outcome of your visa nomination application by email.
As part of your application, you will be required to agree and adhere to the following obligations:
- you have read (or have had read to you) the contents of your application and confirm that the information contained therein is true and correct
- you confirm that you meet all of the Department of Home Affairs' visa eligibility criteria
- you will notify the Victorian Government of any changes to your contact details and agree to participate in any surveys that the Victorian Government may initiate
- you must genuinely intend to continue to be engaged in business or investment activity in the State of Victoria for the foreseeable future.
The Victorian Government:
- has no legal authority to deal with visa matters and will not advocate to the Department of Home Affairs or the Migration Review Tribunal on behalf of you
- may share information relating to your application and your business/investment activities in Victoria with the Department of Home Affairs
- reserves the right to make direct contact with you in relation to this application or related matters; this may include contact from the Commissioner of a Victorian Government Business Office to discuss potential assistance in relation to business/investment activity in Victoria
- does not endorse any investment made, or any business activity undertaken, by you nor does it accept liability for any financial loss, cost or expense incurred as a result of any business decision, business activities or investments made by any person in any way connected with your application or otherwise.
Without express written consent from the Victorian Government, failure to comply with the above conditions may result in the withdrawal of Victorian Government support for your application.
Please contact the Victorian Skilled and Business Migration Program via email with any queries regarding visa nomination eligibility: email@example.com
New way to apply
A new and improved way to apply
We have made it easier for you to register, submit and track the progress of your application.
Our visa application forms are now mobile and tablet friendly with improved layout and helpful text fields.