A provisional visa for high net-worth individuals who are willing to invest at least A$5 million into complying investments in Australia and want to maintain investment activity in Victoria.
Stay: Up to 5 years
Stay longer: 3 years after you have this visa, you can apply for permanent residence.
Cost: No fee
Nomination processing time: 10 business days
Read the Supporting information page for more information.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for Victorian Significant Investor stream (subclass 188C) visa nomination, you must:
- intend to live in Victoria,
- be able to make a complying investment of at least A$5 million in Victoria,
- be committed to meet the requirements for permanent residence
- meet the Department of Home Affairs’ requirements.
How to apply?
To apply for Victorian Significant Investor stream (subclass 188C) visa nomination you must:
- Make an Expression of Interest with SkillSelect.
- Prepare your evidence to support your application.
- Review the Supporting Information.
- Submit a nomination application via the Live in Melbourne portal
- Respond to any requests for further information within 2 weeks.
After you apply
- The Skilled and Business Migration Program will assess your application.
- We will email you if we require more information to support your application. You must respond within 2 weeks.
- We aim to finalise all applications within 10 business days.
Once you are nominated
- You and your agent will be notified of our decision by email.
- Submit your visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days.
- We cannot provide renomination if your visa application is not submitted in time.
- Keep your contact details up to date so we can provide you important services.
- We have a dedicated Relationship Management team who may contact you to assist you to navigate the Victorian business environment.
- Comply with your Victorian nomination obligations for subclass 188C.
What you'll need
In your application, you will need the following to show you meet the requirements:
- A copy of your passport
- A signed Victorian nomination conditions form
- A signed Appointment of agent form (if required)
- Knowledge of the financial products you intend to invest in
- The contact details of your fund manager/s and fund management company/companies
- Evidence that your proposed complying investments meet Victoria’s eligibility criteria